Microsoft Imagine Academy is a program that provides libraries and their patrons FREE access to Microsoft’s online courseware for technology training. Courses cover a variety of Microsoft products and skill levels – ranging from beginner users to advanced technical courses that qualify for Microsoft Certification testing.
Returning users to the Imagine Academy
After completing the registration steps below you can access the Imagine Academy here.
Improve Your Computer Skills with Imagine Academy:
To improve your skills with Microsoft Office products or learn more advanced technical expertise, follow the instructions in order to access Imagine Academy:
Step 1: Before you can start using Imagine Academy you’ll need gather some information and set up some accounts in this order:
- Obtain a valid Whitman County Library Card. Our hours and locations are listed here. You may also call the library to obtain a temporary library card at 1877-733-3375.
- Get an email account. Any email account you currently use will work. If you don’t have an email account you can stop by the library and our staff will assist you. Setting up a Microsoft or Gmail account is free.
- Register your email account as a Microsoft LIVE ID Account. In this step you are registering your email account as a Microsoft ID account. This is a little confusing but basically you’re indicating that you want to use your email account as the login credentials to access the IT Academy website. Use this link to set up your Microsoft LIVE ID account. A verification email from Microsoft will arrive in your inbox, follow the instructions to verify your Microsoft ID.
- After you have verified your Microsoft account you’ll need an access code to complete the last step in registering for IT Academy. Click HERE for instructions to finish the Final Registration Step. If you are registering outside the library you will need your library barcode located on your library card.
Step 2: Where will you be taking the courses?
- Patron Internet computers are available for you to use when the library is open, if you need additional time please ask a librarian if they can extend your session. Your Windows Live ID is tied to the courses you select; if you need to continue beyond time allowed, the course will remember the point at which you finished, and you can resume at the same point when you log in again.
- If you are taking the courses at home, please make sure your computer complies with Microsoft’s requirements for these courses. System requirements may vary between specific courses. For this reason, each course has its own set of system requirements you can view to ensure your system meets the minimum requirements to play the course.
Step 3: Returning users to the IT Academy
After completing the registration steps you can access the Imagine Academy here to take courses you’ll just need your Microsoft ID and password from this point forward. Additional courses are under the “Browse” tab once you’ve logged in.
The Electronic Resources collection provides links to free sites and to commercial databases to which the library subscribes. This enables our patrons to freely access their home, school or a work computer that has an Internet connection.