Please join Friends of the Library today. The Friends of Whitman County Library is a nonprofit group interested in promoting the services and needs of the public library.
The Friends meet quarterly throughout the year at the Colfax branch (102 S. Main). Meetings are open to anyone interested in building and improving library services.
The Friends of the Library hold elections every January for their board positions: President, Vice-President, Treasurer, and Secretary. Being on the board is a great way to get involved with your community and help support all of the amazing work that the library does. The Friends are always looking for dedicated individuals who want to make their communities better. If you are interested in joining the Friends of the Library as a board member, please contact Cody by emailing him at email@example.com or by calling 509-397-4366 for more information.
What is a Friend of the Library?
A Friend is someone who believes in libraries and wants to help. Friends donate money, they volunteer their time, they tell other people about the library. They do so many things, big and small. Won’t you be a Friend of the Library?
The only way to have a friend is to be one.Ralph Waldo Emerson
Friends are for caring & sharing…
The Friends form a vital link in the communication chain between Whitman County Library and you! Recent accomplishments include the following and were funded by dues, donations and book sale revenues.
- Newborn baby packets for Whitman Community Hospital.
- Sponsored Summer Reading Club, for hundreds of children throughout the county.
- Sponsor and staff the library booth at the Palouse Empire Fair each September.
- Assist with special purchases for children’s storytime programs.
- Provide funds to purchase book-giveaways to emphasize literacy awareness.
- Improvements to library facilities including remodeling and other improvements.