A Fever in the Heartland by Timothy Egan: A historical thriller by the Pulitzer and…
Whitman County Library is Reopening to the Public, Starting on Thursday, Aug. 20 from 2 to 6 p.m.
The Whitman County Library Rural District announces the reopening of all 14 branch locations on Thursday, August 20 with adjusted services and hours in continuing efforts to reduce the risks of spreading COVID-19.
Services include socially distanced browsing and computer availability with revised patron usage for safety measures. As for hours, the Colfax Branch will operate on new hours Monday-Wednesday 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Thursday-Friday 2 to 6 p.m., and Saturday 1 to 5 p.m. Library branches will operate on normal hours (except for Albion Library, which is temporary closed for renovations).
To keep staff and patrons as safe as possible, we are following guidelines outlined by the Washington State Health Department and the Governor’s Safe Start Washington.
Library patrons and staff required to wear face masks, maintain a six-foot social distance from staff and others, and allowed a 15 minute browsing period. Additionally, patrons are asked to place touched, unwanted items in designated bins for further handling and sanitation by library staff. All returned items are quarantined for 72 hours before being recirculated.
What to expect when visiting the library:
· Each location has occupancy rules, contact us for specifics
· Properly worn face masks and social distancing required with alternative services available for those not able adhere. Free face masks provided at every library location!
· Revised computer stations and availability; patrons are allowed 15 minute session per day at branches and 30 minutes session at Colfax
· Patrons may browse up to 15 minutes per location
· Sanitized and strict cleaning procedures throughout the day
· Curbside service remains available; call your local library in advance to discuss pickup options
· Children ages 9 and under must be accompanied by an adult
Other library services are on hold or altered until further notice such as public meeting rooms, person-to person assistance, and programming. For more information, contact Whitman County Library at (509) 397-4366; visit the library’s website at www.whitcolib.org or like us Facebook.