Check out one of these titles focused on weather to help you weather these spring…
Trick-or-Treat with Whitman County Library
Spooky season is upon us! If you’re looking for a ghoulishly good time, mark your calendars for our Halloween events and activities happening at various library branches of Whitman County Library.
- Halloween craft bags are available at the Malden and St. John libraries to get you in a spooky mood.
- The Palouse Library is offering mask kits the week of October 26. Choose between a gentle pumpkin, a midnight cat, a fantastical creature and more.
- The Oakesdale Library joins the town’s annual Halloween parade on Friday, October 29 at 1 p.m. Stop by the library for candy while you trick or treat around local businesses.
- The Colfax Library is participating in the Colfax Chamber’s Trick or Treat on Main Street on Friday, October 29 from 3-6 p.m. Come dressed in your costume (or not) for a treat.
- Trunk or Treat at the Artisan Barn in Uniontown on Saturday, October 30 from 4-7p.m.
- The Palouse Library will be downtown for Palouse’s Trunk or Treat on Sunday, October 31 from 5-7 p.m.
- The Garfield Library is taking part in the town’s annual Trunk or Treat on Sunday, October 31 from 6-9 p.m. Local businesses will line up on California Street to hand out candy. Chili, hot dogs and hot chocolate will be provided by the Christian Fellowship.
- Spooky Trail Tales continues the rest of month at the Elberton Hiking Trail. Selected stories from Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark by Alvin Schwartz are posted along the trail.
- Just Add Pumpkin kits are still available the Albion Library. Kits include ingredients to make a pumpkin cake; all you need to do is provide the pumpkin. Due to limit of supplies, kits are one per family.
For more information on these or other upcoming events at all our branches of Whitman County Library, visit the library’s online Events Calendar here.