Matchmaking for Beginners by Maddie Dawson: When her marriage ends after two miserable weeks, Marnie…
Commentary: Ring in the New Year with Your Library Card by Catalina Flores
A new year always brings new opportunities, goals, and ways to enrich one’s life. Here at Whitman County Library, we think there’s no better way to ring in the new year than with your library card.
Library card holders have access to more than 108,000 books and audiobooks, DVDs, activity kits, and downloadable books. Also, the library district provides access to more than 20 online databases that cover topics from genealogy, free periodicals, online learning skills, Consumer Reports, Mango Languages, world travel to movie streaming.
Whether your resolution is to read more, stay healthy, or learn something new, the library wants to help you along the way…click here for all of our digital resources!
Learn something new
- Mango Languages gives you 24/7 access to 70+ world languages, plus 20 ESL courses using native speaker audio
- LinkedIn Learning includes 3,000+ courses (and 130,000+ videos) in popular fields like web design, IT, photography, and business
Stay healthy and explore
- Checkout a Discover Pass for Washington State Parks
- Outdoor activity backpacks: Fishing, Hiking, Birding
- Geocaching backpacks, including a Garmin GPS, geocaching info, and guidebooks from the Ice Age Floods Institute
Family History & Genealogy Resources
- HeritageQuest offers a complete indexed listing of Census images and information from 1790 to 1940 on people and places
- Whitman Heritage Digital Collections includes local photographs and documents chronicling early culture and community life in the Palouse Region
- Stream more than 30,000 movies, documentaries, foreign films and TV series with Kanopy or the Kanopy App
- More than 59,000 titles available as downloadable ebooks and audiobooks with the Libby app. Now offering magazines too!
- Residents can also pick up physical items, place holds, or browse at any of our 14 branch locations